Saturday, December 2, 2006

She's getting back to her roots.

When Maggie was about 7 months old, for Mothers day Sean gave me Bebe, our Shih-tzu. I remember it well because even though I still had a baby in the house, she was sleeping through the night. It was Bebe whom I had to get up with 3 or 4 times a night to tend to. It was definitely harder than having a newborn. But last week when we put up our tree, she copped a spot beneath it, I'm assuming to remind me that she was, and is, a gift. Now that we've had her for a couple of years, she has developed into a wonderful pet. She rarely bites, never barks, and has her own little doggy door to go in and out. I say rarely bites because she has this little thing with close eye contact. But it only takes once, and you learn your lesson. Needless to say, we love her, and she will always be my little gift.

No comments: