Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Deep thoughts

This is probably a first for me. Or maybe a second, but either way, it's unusual for me.

I'm about to go deep. Yes, people, I've been thinking. Scary.

In hearing of the Malibu fires that have affected Bonny and her crew, and especially after hearing Esme say she took a box of "things money can't buy", I started wondering about what I would take if I had to leave my home so quickly.

And honestly, I'm not sure.

I know I would grab my fireproof safe with all the important documents, birth certificates, passports (which there will be another post about shortly), car titles, and insurance info. I would grab my scrapbooks. I would grab the Wedding Egg from Nunn Bee, and the quilts from my mom. After those things, I'm not really sure what else I would take. What else would be irreplaceable? So many things are merely material. It kind of makes me sad that so much of my life is replaceable. I guess I should take more time and effort to make things special. What is irreplaceable to you? What are your "things money can't buy"?

No comments: