Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Secret Is Out

Well, the secret is out. And guess who's pregnant? Nope, not me! Ha ha ha, I bet a few of you were thinking it, though, right?

We had a trip planned to Disneyland for 2 months, and we didn't tell the kids! It was so fun having such a big secret from them, knowing how excited they would be about it! We had told them we were spending a week at Aunt Jill's, and they were pretty darn exited about that, so when we told them we were really going to Disneyland, they were even more thrilled.

If you watch the video, you can see the reaction. I'm sure glad I taped it for posterity.

So enjoy the plethora of pics!



We got to ride in the VERY front of the monorail. With the driver. It was pretty cool. Literally. He had the A/C blasting in there!



And who needs to buy those pics of yourself as you plummet to near death when you can just take a crappy cell phone picture of the screen? Notice Emma's face. And notice Maggie is crying her guts out. She was super brave, and went on Tower of Terror twice!



Ahh, Goofy. Gotta love him.



And Space Mountain. I love the look on Maggie's face. This ended up being our favorite ride. We loved it! The FASTPASS thing they have going on at Disney is such a good thing. No lines, or very little wait time, and it was pretty crowded since it was Spring break!




So check out the video. I had it all ready to go and was expecting a huge reaction from the girls. Needless to say, I had it a little overdone in my head, and I didn't get exactly what I thought I'd get from them.

We had such a good time. We were exhausted every night. Saturday morning I had to drag everyone out of bed at 6:30 so we could do an early entry at 7:00. I knew it would be so worth it to get there before everyone else. It totally was! We did Space Mountain and Dumbo and Matterhorn without waiting at all. Totally a good plan. But that afternoon we bailed early and headed back to the hotel for a rest and some swimming before spending a very late night watching fireworks and riding rides until midnight.

I'm so glad we got to do this with our kids. We told them that when dad graduates from law school, we'll go back. By that time, Emma will be, gulp, 16! Hopefully they'll still want to go at that age!

4 comments:

grannybabs said...

Anticipation always exceeds the actual!! Sorry I didn't know about it so we could plan to see you!!

emily said...

LOL! their reaction is awesome. i'm glad you had such a fun time though! very cool. and great family memories!

Laura said...

Good job on keeping that a secret, I'd never be able to keep that one to myself!

Tami Allred said...

I love Disneyland, what a great secret!