Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Re-Turned

I'm back. I know, you're thrilled beyond belief. The Motherland was great, and warm, and not Chicago, so I was a happy camper. Add to that that all the sibs were together, and there was no stopping the fun. So for your pleasure I give you bullets.

  • Driving myself to the airport at 5AM. I'm such a big girl.
  • The bumpiest flight I've ever been on. But "Yes Man" was on, and it distracted me nicely.
  • My bag was the first off the carousel. That never happens.
  • Visiting with MIL. I love her. She's the bestest ever.
  • Driving to Vegas with Dad and Noma and Madison. I don't think we had one lull in conversation.
  • Seeing Gracie. I love that kid. Oh, and the other kids are good, too. And Jill. And Aaron.
  • Sleeping in the bunkbed. Awesome.
  • Mandalay Bay crab leg buffet. I love crab. Straight up, no butter. Just simple, honest, crack, pull and eat. Mmmm.
  • The Las Vegas Temple. It's beautiful inside. And Pink. And Brother Whistle-when-he-speaks as a sealer.
  • In N Out. Need I say more?
  • Nutella shakes. That Troy, he's so creative.
  • Driving home with crazy driver Josh and Meg. Crashing his family's party.
  • Visiting with Julie and Chad and Chase, et al. Good people, they are.
  • Getting my band filled. It's been a while, and boy, liquids for a whole day is tough enough, but especially when you have a 4 hour flight. Liquids in, liquids out, you know.
  • Booking it through Detroit Metro trying to make my connection.
  • A relaxing 40 minute flight back to Chicago from Detroit.
  • Driving home in a semi-coma, and falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
And now it's back to the grind. Screaming kids, speech, school, music, talent show, blah blah blah.

Photobucket

No comments: