- Driving myself to the airport at 5AM. I'm such a big girl.
- The bumpiest flight I've ever been on. But "Yes Man" was on, and it distracted me nicely.
- My bag was the first off the carousel. That never happens.
- Visiting with MIL. I love her. She's the bestest ever.
- Driving to Vegas with Dad and Noma and Madison. I don't think we had one lull in conversation.
- Seeing Gracie. I love that kid. Oh, and the other kids are good, too. And Jill. And Aaron.
- Sleeping in the bunkbed. Awesome.
- Mandalay Bay crab leg buffet. I love crab. Straight up, no butter. Just simple, honest, crack, pull and eat. Mmmm.
- The Las Vegas Temple. It's beautiful inside. And Pink. And Brother Whistle-when-he-speaks as a sealer.
- In N Out. Need I say more?
- Nutella shakes. That Troy, he's so creative.
- Driving home with crazy driver Josh and Meg. Crashing his family's party.
- Visiting with Julie and Chad and Chase, et al. Good people, they are.
- Getting my band filled. It's been a while, and boy, liquids for a whole day is tough enough, but especially when you have a 4 hour flight. Liquids in, liquids out, you know.
- Booking it through Detroit Metro trying to make my connection.
- A relaxing 40 minute flight back to Chicago from Detroit.
- Driving home in a semi-coma, and falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I'm back. I know, you're thrilled beyond belief. The Motherland was great, and warm, and not Chicago, so I was a happy camper. Add to that that all the sibs were together, and there was no stopping the fun. So for your pleasure I give you bullets.