Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Would Love To Continue, But

You see, I have these 2 daughters. The middle and the youngest. They cannot get along to save their lives.

And honestly, that is about the only that is going to save them, these days.

I have had it up to here with them fighting over every.little.thing all.the.time! If it's not toys, it's food. If it's not food, it's something, anything, else. (Don't think we don't have any food and it's every man for himself around here. It's not like that kind of fighting over food. They just can't seem to get over the fact that one of them can have something without the other being involved.)

So I've locked them in Gretta's room together until they can learn to get along. I don't care if it takes all day. They will learn to be friends. Or they'll learn self defense in a darn tootin' hurry.

So stay tuned for more of the vacay updates. I promise there will be more. That is if I can live through today.

post signature

11 comments:

Kirsten said...

THat's too funny Keli. My mom used to have us sit together on the piano bench until we could get along. :) Let me know if it works, i have a couple here that could use that kind of therapy.

Kate said...

Thats a great idea! Let me know if it works. I may just have to use that tool with my 2.

mandee said...

I am glad my kids are not the only fighters around here. I for sure need to try your ideas... mine might not come out alive!

grannybabs said...

There's a great children's book about two sisters who share a room. They have problems and they divide the room - but of course that doesn't work. When I remember the title - or find the book - I will forward it to you.

The girls might even learn from it!!

exmish said...

Sounds familiar - except in my house, it rotates as to who is fighting with whom and over what. My kids even fight about what one of them makes up in their imagination. I think one day they were fighting about air, I kid you not. I think my favorite was last week, when Josh was all bent out of shape because Andrew got to "sniff the macaroni" and he didn't. MACARONI SNIFFING??? Geez. I think back-to-school will help, because right now they've had 2.5 months of nothing but each other, most of the time. Yours too?

Phoebe said...

Mom- I loved that book! When you remember what it was let me know.

Keli-My two youngest are having the same dilemma. I have thrown up my hands in self-defeat.

Nurse Heidi said...

Ha! I have TOTALLY done that. Makes the kids so dang mad, but they get over it quicker. And the threat of having to go back in together is quite powerful.

Shylo said...

I completely understand. I just keep reminding myself that school starts soon and then I will miss having them around the house. Well maybe after a month of enjoying the peace and quiet.

Kathie said...

I have threatened to duct-tape Alex and Ren's hands to each other so they have to stay together for a whole day--I haven't actually done it--but it made them think hard about fighting. Of course they continue to fight.

Noel said...

Kel- get your blog updated already! What, since I am gone, you should have gobs and gobs of time to blog right?? I know you have nothing else to do. At least keep me updated on the peeps you see at Six Flags.. :) love ya and missing ya'll already!

but seriously, I need to know what is going on!!

Kelli said...

I am so glad to know that it is not only my kids. I am to the point that I don't know what to do anymore. They are always fighting about something or even just nothing...just always fighting.