Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

After a particularly upsetting Mother's Day, (details to follow), I started thinking about what I wish for my kids. Here's what I came up with:

To be good people.
To be sincere.
To have a good sense of worth.
To know they can rely on their family.
To be independent.
To be courageous.
To be content.
To be achievers.
To be quiet when necessary.
To have a wicked sense of humor.
To love.
To be loved.
To grow old.
To stay young.
To make good decisions.
To stay true to who they are.

I know there are a lot of contradictions there, but isn't that what life pretty much is? Seeing the full circle of family makes me realize I only have a short time to mold and shape my kids into the adults they will become. I think all I can do is tell them and show them how much they are loved, and hope and pray that they stay true to the Gospel and to what they believe inside.

No comments: