Monday, May 21, 2007

Swedish Meatballs and Baby food!


I recently received the mailer for our new Ikea that will be opening in 2 days. I'm an Ikea virgin, never been there, never ordered anything, I don't think I've even sat my butt in an Ikea chair. But after reading through the mailer and seeing that they serve Swedish Meatballs and baby food at their cafeteria, I was quite excited. More for the meatballs than the baby food, but I'm sure Gretta will get excited about that in a few months from now. I also found a nice bookcase and desk that will compliment my home nicely. So be prepared for some serious home updating pictures to follow.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. I can only hope it will live up to my expectations. I'm sure it will.

edit: I braved the crowds of people on Wednesday, May 23, for the opening day of Ikea. It was all I could have ever wanted. For those of you familiar with the area, the roads getting to Ikea way were all closed, save one, which was being used only for one way traffic to the store. The traffic was backed up from Bangerter Highway and 200 West, around the boat shop, and through a field. And despite being so busy, they kept traffic moving steadily, and parking was very organized. I actually got a front row spot! Inside was a different story. So many people. I didn't buy anything. With 2 kids, and small cart, and lots of stuff I wanted, there was no way I could have carried it all. Besides, I want to go back with Sean so he can partake of the Ikea paradise.


No comments: