Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wait for the splash!

Meg and I headed up to Little Dell Reservoir on Saturday to do a little kayaking. Thanks to REI for the beat-to-hell rentals. They were sweet. We had no qualms about dragging them down the gravel hill to the water. As you can see, we got off to a rough start.


But we took a few pictures of ourselves in the parking lot, and headed down to the water. Thankfully we were the only ones there, or so we thought. Just as Meg tried to take off from shore, a fisherman walked by and asked if we needed help. I guess we just had that look about us. We told him no, and to just wait for the splash.

Actually we did quite well, considering it was the first time for both of us. I was surprised by the lack of stability at first, but got used to it soon enough. Meg even kicked back and tanned a little with her feet out.

Note for next time: Don't try to keep anything dry. I don't want to have to make a return trip to REI in just a swimsuit top again. I probably looked so lesbian driving my truck with my hat on and no shirt. Sexy.

No comments: