Honestly, it has a lot more to it than that. I'm seriously dreading Mother's Day this year. I don't have a mother anymore. I don't have her to call and say "I love you" to, or in my case, apologize for being the best.daughter.ever.
As I look back on my posts from last year, I remember thinking it was imperative that I honor my own mother by revealing all the things motherhood has taught me. Maybe a little inspired? Probably.
So sit back and enjoy this weeks posts all about being a mother.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Why I love being a mother
- It makes me do things I would otherwise never have courage to do.
- It makes me see things from a smaller, more innocent perspective.
- It makes me more confident in my decision making skills.
- It makes me rely on faith and promptings in a way I have never known.
- It makes me stick to my guns, and stick up for my kids.
- It makes me see how lucky I am to have healthy, happy kids.
- It makes me appreciate my own mother more than ever.