Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Twas the night before the night before Christmas

My kids are currently watching the Battle of the Nutcrackers on Ovation TV.

I've never even heard of Ovation TV until tonight.

When I saw the Bolshoi Ballet Nutcracker was on, I turned it on just to show the kids how beautiful the ballet is. Now they're hooked. They're on their third version, currently with the Royal Ballet's version. It is a beautiful, if a little creepy, story, regardless of which ballet is performing it.

I'm just glad I can rest easy tonight knowing my kids have had some sort of culture, other than listening to dad order from Taco Bell in Spanish.

post signature

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

Going to the Nutcracker ballet was long a part of our Christmas celebration - probably because we were given tickets to attend a New Year's Eve performance at Kingsbury Hall for a wedding gift (we got married on Dec. 22nd)

But ticket prices in LA soon sent the tradition packing - that and the fact that we no longer had small children at home.

Aunt Donna has taken Bonny's girls a few times.

Glad to see the awareness remains alive and well!