Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mom's Day Week

I can't believe Sunday is Mother's Day. I miss my mom, everyday, but especially on Mother's Day. A couple of years ago before she got sick, I did a Mother's Day Week tribute all about the reasons I love being a mom, and wrapped it up with a special tribute to my own mom, and the funny things we remembered about her. I treasure those posts now.

Lately around here "mom" has become a pretty loosely used term. Sean is off school until June 2nd, and I'm the one going to work now. Not daily, but most days. I think the kids have made a shift in their thinking because suddenly they have started asking Sean to do things that they would normally bug me about.

He's their new mom, I guess.

He's a good mom, too. He does laundry, dishes, cleans, and fixes the various needs around the house.

Even though I don't have my own mom around, I'm glad he's taken over part of my job so I can have more time to do the things I need to do.


post signature

4 comments:

grannybabs said...

I have a friend whose mom died last month - and I was thinking that this will be a tough weekend for her. Thanks for the reminder - so I can at least acknowledge her sorrow once more.

Nikki said...

You have your very own Mr. Mom!! Lucky you that he is so willing to help out and do the domestic stuff.

RyLiE TiMm said...

awe keli, i miss my mom too :( im spending mothers day with my grandparents because i have no mothers close by :( so i somewhat feel your pain, just not to your extent. but I LOVE YOU!

Sean Clayton said...

I enjoy playing "Mr. Mom":)