Tuesday, June 1, 2010

But It's A Dry Heat

Yesterday was a great day. A day off work (ha ha, every day is a day off work!), the program at the cemetery honoring our fallen troops, seeing all the beautiful flowers at my moms grave, and spending awesome quality time with extended family that I've grown to appreciate more than I ever thought possible over the last few years.

A great day indeed.

But it got a little hot there in the afternoon. Not that I'm complaining, because I would never complain. (sense the sarcasm, mmkay?) I got a little sunburned, which is fine around the front side of the shirt area, but the hump got burned, too. I hate that. Red itchy hump is not pretty, not that regular white zitty hump is any better, but come on.

And the heat has one other crappy side effect. Nose bleeds. Bring them on. I got one last night, Gretta ended up with one at 5 this morning, and I feel another one coming on soon. I'm sure Emma will follow suit, because she's just like me when it comes to that.

I love summer, I'm so glad it's here (sort of here, it's like 2 steps forward, one step back, crazy Utah weather), but I'm not glad to have the side effects of red hump and bleeding orifices.

At least it's a dry heat.

post signature

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

hmm - I am not ready for summer. Ready for vacation - not for heat.

Good thing I'm spending a hunk of time in Oregon with Phoebe and her new baby.

Kathie said...

Emma and I get nose bleeds too, must run in the fam (haha) It was a good day yesterday, it's always fun to visit with family and friends!