Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just When Things Are Running Smoothly

So as you can see on my side bar over there <----, I have successfully logged some miles for this month. Yay for me.


Boo for injuries resulting from said mileage.


It would seem that despite my best efforts at being a trooper and buckling down and getting my happy ass out the door to run and complete my goal, I have suffered a strain to my Peroneal Tendons.


I need to reiterate, this has no affiliation whatsoever with the Perineal anything. Totally different part of the body.


But this stinking injury has really put me in a mood. Now I can hardly walk, let alone run, and I just know I'll miss my goal for this month. The first month in, and I'll fail. What a way to start off the year. Bummer.


But I also know that unless I take it easy and let this thing heal appropriately, I'll be battling it all year, and that would be worse.


So I'm giving myself a pass on this one. I'm gonna bow out of January gracefully, and let myself pick up when I've healed fully. I know, I know, it seems like I'm just one of those people that sets goals and then doesn't follow through. I totally am, by the way, but not this time. I'll take whatever mileage I'm lacking at the end of January, and divide it into the remaining months, so when the year is all said and done, I will still have completed the initial amount of miles.


Win win. Good and good.


post signature

2 comments:

exmish said...

...and if your body tells you to slow down, you are wise to listen.

I learned that the hard way last year!!

I don't think anyone reading is thinking "tsk tsk". Well, I'm not, anyway. :D

Nikki said...

Darn bodies...it's old age you know. ;)

Good luck with the healing and getting back to running. You'll accomplish all you want, I am sure.