Thursday, April 17, 2008

Morning Kids

It's not a surprise to most people when I tell them I'm not a morning person. I never have been. I think Olivia, Maggie and I all suffer from the same sleeping-in disease. Emma and Gretta and Nunn all have that early riser, get-up-to-milk-the-cows-and-slop-the-pigs thing going on. But this morning, the light was perfect, the air was cool, but comfortable, and it smelled like wet moss. So I just couldn't resist letting the kids run outside to play in their jammies as Emma walked off to the bus stop. It's supposed to rain here later today, a major bummer considering how wonderful it has been, so that gave me more incentive to let the kiddies play. The neighbor even brought her kids over for a bit to let them play too! It's nice living in a circle, people seem much more relaxed about letting the kids run and play. I know I am.


Gretta is quite pleased with herself, as you can see by her clapping hands. Just disregard the ever present binkie.


Maggie is pointing out the seasons first potato bugs. Little tiny things that don't yet know how to roll up. She was sure to let them make it across the sidewalk and into the dirt, so they could be with their moms.


And Gretta playing with the wheels on the scooter. I'm telling ya, this kid would play outside All.The.Time if I would let her. A sharp contrast to Maggie, who once she realized there were gnats flying around, was in the house swifter than a mouse on crack!

It was a nice way to start off the morning. Now, I'm off to the craft store. I know, you'd think it would be for something fun, right? Nope. I have to make a poster for our Ward Preparedness Night. How am I supposed to make that look like fun? Sean had the idea of making the poster look like building on fire. That would get people's attention, at least! We'll see. I'll do some looking on the net and see what's been done before.

No comments: