I have officially been away from home for 1 month. That translates into the following:
- Flying into SLC, then driving 6 hours to Vegas the very next day.
- Living out of a suitcase in Vegas for a week. The hottest week of my life, I might add.
- Driving 2 hours to St. George from Vegas, in a car with Utah plates, with and Illinois drivers license, packed with suitcases with 2 kids in addition to my own, and getting a nose bleed at 75 MPH. If I had been pulled over, how fast would I have been sent to jail? Yeah.
- Living out of a suitcase for 4 days in a St. George condo. The second hottest 4 days of my life.
- Driving to SL from St. George in my dad's sweet new truck. Oh, and the muffler has been, shall we say, altered, so it is about as quiet as a bullhorn on a Sunday afternoon.
- Finding out about "the cancer", which seems to have taken on a life of it's own. The longest night of my life.
- Spending that first week at my mom's, feeling like my world was crashing down, until Sugar Daddy showed up to rescue me. The best is having a spouse who loves you.
- Spending the remaining 2 weeks here, at Hotel de Clayton. Wonderful diggs. But I'm still living out of a suitcase. One thing I have learned from all this is that my needs are simple. My family. A few changes of underwear. Oh, and the internet.
Thanks, honey. And thanks, in-laws. You guys are the best!