He's older, and wiser.
Things I love about my dad, in no particular order, are:
- He thinks he knows a lot of stuff. Mostly it's just made up, though.
- He's always up for a good time.
- He's probably one of the hardest workers I know.
- He has magic golf clubs.
- He's sort of a goofball.
- I think he's a mix between Captain Stubing and Clark Griswold.
- He loves his family more than anything.
- He's been a trooper over the last year.
I find it so fitting that my dad's birthday falls during the same week as Father's Day almost every year. He deserves a double honor, in my opinion. Dad has done so much for our family. Thanks to his spry spirit, I have a lot of good, if not frightening, memories from my childhood. Some fun things that I remember are, in no particular order:
- Short blast in the boat
- "Show some hair!"
- Exploding motorhome battery.
- Crazy finger-moving contraption for months and months.
- Black powder, anyone?
- Polishing brass in the tumbler.
- Stirring paint.
- And so many other things, I could go on and on.