Wednesday, February 13, 2008

1 month ago

One month ago today, we were leaving.

Leaving our family and friends for an unknown adventure 2000 miles away.

I was crying my eyes out, the kids were sad, and confused, and Sugar Daddy was being his usual stoic self, supporting me as best he could.

In this month, that has flown by too fast, we've had several things happen:

Bullets!
  • Realized our fuel tank is just a little too small to get us from gas station to gas station while pulling our trailer across the plains. Thank goodness for 5 gallon jugs.
  • Learned to sneak our dog into hotel rooms.
  • Found out that Mover's don't give a crap about the stuff they're moving.
  • Mom will fly out here at a moments notice, if we just ask. Thanks, Mom!
  • Felt extremely lonely when, on the first day in a new town, a kid gets seriously sick, and I realized I had no doctor, and no one to call for advice.
  • Seen first hand that neighbors and friends, no matter their religion, can be good people.
  • Receiving my first bottle of wine as a "Welcome" gift.
  • The wine was tasty.
  • Understanding that Utah cold has NOTHING on -27, and giving in and buying a coat.
  • Gaining a testimony.... Of my GPS! Talk about being blindly led! I just have to have faith that it knows where I'm going, even when I don't.
  • Finding a sense of accomplishment in doing the little things. And feeling more grown up than ever!
Even though it's been a hard month, long work hours for Sugar Daddy, sick kids, getting comfortable being "outside the box", and all that goes along with that, we really are settling in nicely. It feels good here, and we've made some nice friends. It's starting to feel more like "home", and that's a good feeling.

No comments: