Friday, February 29, 2008

Because I'm a naughty woman

I guess I need a time out. And not a moment too soon. The last few nights, after eating dinner and practically begging my children to eat what's on their plates, I've made a clicking sound with my mouth, and said, "That is the sound of me punching my time card. I'm done for the day." And with that I left Sugar Daddy to clean up the dishes, and what not.

I've succumbed to a strange sense of domestication in the last few weeks. A new sewing machine, home cooked dinners almost every night, and a peculiar sense of accomplishment for the little things such as sweeping, or loading the dishwasher. This is all very new and exciting to me. Maybe I'm growing up, maybe I'm fooling myself. Whatever. All I know is that I'm looking forward to this weekend for 2 reasons.

1. I get a night away from my kids and snoring husband.
2. I get to spend 2 days with women that have made me their friend, without even knowing me, and listening to wonderful speakers tell us we are doing a good job.

And right now, that's all I need. A sense of domestic bliss, coupled with a pat on the back. That makes for a very sweet revival.

No comments: