Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Walk In My Shoes

Gretta has taken to a nifty new habit as of late. She thinks every pair of shoes left unfilled or unattended can be used as her new toy. She started out with "Moots Boots" the other day. As she clomped around in Maggie's boots, she kept repeating, incessantly, "Moots boots, Moots boots," until I wanted to pull my hair out. For the uninitiated, Maggie's middle name is Moots, and Gretta thinks it's hilarious to call her that.


Here she is, Miss America. Please disregard the binky. I'm so tired of the binky, and trust me, I've been admonished to rid her of it several times, by several different people. Problem with that, is that if she doesn't have her binky handy, she's just as content to suck her thumb, like Moots. I'd rather have her on the binky thankyouverymuch.


Wearing one pair of about three pairs of heels I own. Somehow she finds them in the waaaaay back of the closet, pairs them up correctly, and parades around my bathroom in them. I guess it's all that practice she had with her Disney shoes.


But really, someone should tell her that socks and sandals are out. This is actually her least favorite pair of shoes, because the foot bed is quite slippery, and she can't walk so well in them.

Oh, how we love our Gretta. She's learning so many things so quickly. Her new thing is to say "a show?" right before bed time. She thinks this gets her out of going to bed. It doesn't. Most of the time. She also loves to be read to. Repeatedly. Over and over and over again. The same stupid "This Little Piggy" book. She knows the words, but she wants someone else to read it to her a million times in a row. And her newest favorite thing is the shower. If she hears that upstairs shower turn on, she is up the stairs, naked and opening the door before the steam has even started. Gotta love the 2 year olds.
Photobucket

No comments: