Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If There Was A Way To Write The Sound A Drill Makes, It Would Go Here

Maggie gets to go to the dentist today. She absolutely looooves the dentist. Do you sense my sarcasm? Actually, we all went to see Dr. Matt last week, and none of us cried. That's a pretty big deal. But even though 4 of us checked out cavity-free, poor Mags has a couple of doozies.


She's not too scared of what's to come, yet. She has been fine all morning. I'm sure she'll be fine up until they put her in that chair and start tilting it backward. Oh, the screams that will be heard. There will be drooling, and snot, and lots and lots of tears, I'm sure. And then there will be her, oh boy. ;)


I have always hated the dentist. As a kid, the only time we went to the dentist was if we had an abscess, or needed a root canal. Never for a cleaning. I didn't even know people went to the dentist to get their teeth cleaned until I was married. Go figure. We've been lucky enough to have a great family dentist, and cleanings have remained fairly consistent. I know that's a huge blessing. Dental insurance is cheap, but dental work, even with insurance, is not.


I don't think Mags will need root canals. She had to have one last year, and it was pretty bad. These ones look like they'll be okay. But then again, I'm no dentist, so what do I know?



post signature

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Good luck with all that. Screaming at the dentist is just not good. It scares all the people in the waiting room. :)

grannybabs said...

I have been known to say that I'd rather have a baby than go to the dentist - but I seem to go to the dentist all the time!!