Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Moving The Lawn

Sean likes to mow the lawn. He has never been the mower in the family until now. Now that we have a riding lawn mower for him to borrow. Of course, all these years that I've mowed the lawn, I've always done it the hard way. I don't mind giving him this pleasure, of course, because I'm too scared of this behemoth to drive it around all the various lawn obstacles.



But Gretta, she's all in. Every time this thing is fired up, she is out the door, and begging for a ride. She will sit with Sean for an hour and help him move the lawn. That's how she says it. Move the lawn. I think it's darling. If you want to hear something else she says that's darling, ask her to say truck. Yeah, that's a good one.


And here she is. I love that Sean has hearing protection, but not G. Eh, she'll be fine, I'm sure. But the lawn looks great, and Gretta is in a good mood. Can't ask for much more than that, huh?


post signature

6 comments:

Darci Buhl said...

Hahaha. Okay, seriously, I think I saw Sean mowing your lawn more times than I've seen, well, anyone mow their lawns...and I was only up there for 2 weeks! And the headphones totally make sense now...I'd always honk and never even got so much as a nod in my direction!

grannybabs said...

I can definitely see the attraction in a riding lawn mower!! (I have never mowed a lawn in my life. An accomplishment I'm proud of!!)

Leslie said...

I don't like the riding mower either. And I have mowed my very large yard many times. We used to even bag, but not anymore.

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

That gretta is too cute!! Clayton had a really hard time pronouncing that word truck and I was more than once really embarrassed in the toy aisle when he was yelling "TRUCK TRUCK TRUCK!!!!" "Yes Clay that is a TTTT Truck huh"

Kirsten said...

I love that girl! Still waiting for her to come visit :).

LIZ said...

You know I was thinking the same thing about the ear protection.