Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Haunting, Again

My mom is back. She is haunting us for reals now.


Yesterday I was at PT, and Sean was home doing chores. He likes to do chores. It's not because I make him, I swear. He was changing the sheets on our bed, and at that moment, he heard a loud pop! and a hissing noise coming from the master bathroom.


Upon investigation, he found that a can of dry shampoo had ruptured, spraying its contents all over the bathroom, and it spun feverishly around and around in the sink where it had landed.


Now. I have been around hairsprays and cans of product under pressure for years. I think it would be safe to say I have come in contact with thousands of cans of this nature over the years I've done hair. Not one time in my life have I heard of a can rupturing like this without a good reason. It wasn't hot, there were no heated tools near it, in fact, none of my hair tools were even in the bathroom at that time. They were in the car with me, since I had to go to work later that day. It literally burst on its own, with no rhyme or reason.


Except I think my mom was trying to tell us she is still here.


Sean said after it happened, he sat and "chatted" with her for about 5 minutes, telling her we are all doing okay, and that we're happy here, and that if she needed us to do anything, to let us know. I'm not sure what an exploding can of dry shampoo means, but it could mean we need to clean up more? I don't know.


I don't really care what the meaning of it is, I'm just glad that she's around to keep us on our toes.


post signature

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I honestly think I would freak out!! Things that go bump in the night...even if it seems to be a happy loving haunting scare me. :)

grannybabs said...

I'm a fan of your mom - and I never met her - but happy haunting sounds like the best kind!!