Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What's For Lunch?

It's 10:30 ish at my house, and the kids are already asking for lunch. This is so funny to me. They get up at the butt crack of dawn, okay, like 7, eat a ton of cereal and yogurt, and then by 10:30 they want lunch. Man, it's a good thing they don't go to school, and have to wait until 12:30 for lunch, they would starve!


So for today's "lunch", we're having two things. Maggie is making her own quesadilla, which she loves to do since she has figured out how to use the 30 second button on the microwave. Fine with me, I don't mind giving her a little bit more independence. And Gretta is having Ravioli. Only the kind from the can. We bought some Roasted Pepper And Braised Short Rib Ravioli that came in a bag a few nights ago. I liked it. The kids? Not so much. They prefer Chef Boyardee. I guess their palates aren't ready for more than that yet.


Even though it's a little early for lunch, I don't mind too much. I have bowling today, and if the kids eat lunch here at home, that means less moolah I have to for over for bowling alley snacks later on. Win win, see? I bowl, they play, no greasy food. I do have to say that I don't agree with the bowling alley rule about now outside food or drink. I need my McDonald's coke, and the snack bar coke just isn't the same. Maybe I'll try and sneak it in. Do you think they'd revoke my league membership?


Probably not worth it for a little coke.



post signature

4 comments:

Noel said...

Uh Hello....$1 diet! totally worth it! Just put it in your diaper bag! he he

Nikki said...

Our bowling buddy Andrea just buys a cup of ice and brings a diet coke in her bag, then dumps into ice. She likes the dc in a can better.

I think the rule is stupid too. You can't even bring your own water bottle...not that I want a water bottle...I want the diet coke!

Kathie said...

I've brought food/drink in before, what they gonna do kick you out? I don't think so, unless it's alcohol and if you're sneekin that in you wouldn't be that disappointed you couldn't bowl anyway:)

Kelley Rae said...

What's wrong with the Chef? Maybe it's bad but every once-in-awhile I crave a little Ravioli from the can myself :)