Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Loungewear

I love the look of cute moms wearing Velour sweat suits and Shape-Ups as they peruse the aisles at the local Wal-Mart. Some moms are all blingy with earrings and bracelets and big sparkly watches and everything. Some are more casual, with just a simple imitation brand name purse and a fake hair ponytail.

But now I've joined their ranks, albeit begrudgingly.

See, it sort of hurts to wear pants. Yeah, I know. Sean is loving that part of it. Not really, not really. But the button to my pants is right at incision level, making the buttoning and subsequent bending over quite painful.

So here I sit, in the only non-buttoning pants I own, bright pink cotton capris. They were $1 at Wal-Mart. How awesome is that? $1. That's like cheaper than Goodwill used ones! And thank goodness I have them. Otherwise I'm afraid what the visitors would think when I answer the door in my G's. Hmmm.

But trust me, as soon as these incisions are healed up and I'm able to do up those buttons again, I'm giving up the bright pink capris. I may just invest in a new pair of jeans. I think 2 pair is essential for winter, don't you? That's a whole nother post, though.

post signature

5 comments:

grannybabs said...

You probably have heard the story about how at Eliza's reception, Bill showed up in sweats. He'd just had surgery. Eliza's friends came up to her and said, "A homeless man has crashed the party!" Without batting an eye, Eliza replied, "Oh, that would be my Uncle Bill." What makes it funny is that she hadn't known he'd had surgery!!

Anonymous said...

To be honest you need anchor text links back to your site to bring that traffic up a notch (or a grip). I provide an xRumer service that will help your website make you rich. Give me a hollar.

- Flash

google xrumer

Dalynne Denhof said...

Poor thing! i hope you feel better soon. i don't like the kind of catch ya off guard, too fast to process, and put you in a whirlwind kind of experiences that not until after the fact you are trying to make sense of it all. take it easy and get some rest, but you've probably already heard that few times Ü

Kathie said...

When did you see me at Walmart?

Kelley Rae said...

Yes, invest in some new pants that will actually FIT you and your cute shrinking shape!! Sorry, though, that you have to be the sweat pants gal for awhile, hope you feel better soon!!