Today is her birthday. I can't believe she's 7. It seems like just yesterday that I was having a scheduled C-Section, all calm and ready, only to be blindsided by the pain of the incision and the stark realization that the epidural didn't take. Yeah, did I mention this was during a C-Section? Uh huh. Totally was. Ouchy to say the least.
It's kind of a funny simile to Maggie's whole life. She was a great baby. She had a head full of dark hair, and she sucked her thumb, so she hardly every cried. Then she turned 2. Oh boy. Just when I thought I had a perfect baby and could relax and enjoy having 2 kids, the terrible twos hit. Man, that kid could scream. She still can. Her anxiety issues started becoming more and more apparent, and I knew she would be my kid that needed a little extra special attention. We went through 2 years of her only wanting to wear soft pants, and donning a Belle dress over the top of every outfit. She never let me comb her hair, and taking a bath was a battle. Too much stimulation, we later found out.
But as the years have passed, and we've learned more about what makes Maggie Maggie, she has become a very enjoyable loving daughter. She is a joy to have in our family. Some of the things we love about Maggie are:
- Her love of crafting. She got a tape dispenser and 6 rolls of tape for her birthday. She is in heaven.
- The way she sings like no one can hear her.
- How she can be a little mother to the little kids, but tries to be a tween for the bigger kids.
- She still wears a tutu some days.
- She loves to be homeschooled.
- She is learning to read, and will devour any book she can get her hands on.
- She has great hair.
- When she's tired, she's tired. She will ask to please go to bed.
- She still hates to take showers, but baths are okay.
- She has great tanning skin. She still has tan lines from LAST summer.
- She's terrified of mosquitoes, and for good reason. She has major reactions, and have had her legs and face swell up to the size of a dinner plate.
- She likes to clean and organize things.
- She's very kind and loving.