Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Auf Wiedersen

I have to admit, I'm a Project Runway junkie. Although I haven't yet watched to see who goes to Fashion Week, so don't ruin it for me, please. But until I started watching that show, I had no idea people actually sewed. Like, to make stuff, like their clothes. I guess I thought it was just for the, and excuse the stereotype, fat home ec chicks in High School. I'm so sorry. I honestly had no idea that sewing could actually turn into something. Who knew? I'm a little slow, so forgive me.
I have, however, been privileged enough to know, and know of, several people that sew. And they do it beautifully. You may remember Gretta's sweater, hand knitted by Laura's mom. (insert link to past blog here, but I'm too lazy to do so). And then there's all the quilting going on over at Kalli's.

So, all that being said, and linked, I give you this little ditty. Or is it diddy? As in Sean P Diddy? Whatever. Now, remember, this is a first for me. And I didn't really follow the pattern, since it required a zipper, and let's face it, I'm just not up to that yet. I added the humongous ruffle sleeves, which may be scaled down. And I also added a second ruffle above the first. I had now clue how to do the ribbon, so I just winged it.
Isn't she lovely? It's a little clownish, but remember what I said about this being a first for me? I guess I need to work on my fabric picking skills. I found a cute pattern for T-shirt dresses, all you do is add a skirt. I'll probably attempt those for the older girls' Easter dresses.

No comments: