Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm prepared

Next week I get a special visit.

Not that kind of visit, what kind of blog do you think this is? Besides, I don't have those anymore, thanks to my IUD. TMI? Cool.

I get a visit from my cool momma and my awesome sisters! I'm very excited for this. Last time my momma was here, my house was in shambles, still being unpacked. I don't think we ate at home once during her visit here. This time will be different. I have everything(ish) unpacked, and I know where everything(ish) is. We can cook, and sew, and watch TV, and go for hikes, (or walks, since there are no hills here), and just enjoy life together. But one thing I'm the very mostest excited about is seeing WICKED! in the city. And I'm prepared for this. I just finished the book, so I won't be completely lost.

Ah, the book.

I would be worried about the play based on the book. But thankfully many of my friends have seen the play, so they say not to stress. The book is good, don't get me wrong, but it goes into wwaaaayy too much detail for my taste.

Unless you're into Munchkin sex and adultery and drug use and that sort of thing.

Most of this detail I just skipped over, seeing as how it wasn't really relevant to the plot. But without giving anything away, I'll just say, it gives me great pleasure to know that I will be seeing the Wicked Witch of the West's point of view, along with some apparently stellar music, on the stage, with the women I love.

Joy.

No comments: