Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mom's Day Out

I thought after the kid got in school, it would be all naps and Wal-Mart for me.

I was so very wrong.

Turns out, I have to spend just about as many days in school as Emma does. Lucky me. Yesterday was one of those days. Now, don't go and think that I have to go sit with her in class (like my mom did with me until 4th grade) or anything crazy like that. It seems I have turned over a new leaf, and have finally overcome my social phobia. So now I get to volunteer in Emma's class every week. That was yesterday. Yesterday was also Maggie's first day of Speech Therapy. That's also at a school. A different school. So that made 2 schools in 1 day. Whew.

I know, I know. Some of you with 10 kids are like "Lady, what are you bitching about? Wait until you have to do PTO at 3 different schools, football, cheerleading, FHA, and VICA all in the same day!". I completely agree. You definitely have it harder than I.

But it's my blog, so I can bitch freely.

FYI, I also went to the library yesterday. I felt very Collegiate. Or maybe more Elementary. Whatever.

But for those of you wondering, thank you, Maggie's speech went well. Of course her intelligence is not an issue, she takes after her mother, but it's always good to see it on paper. She has a lot to say, it's just a matter of getting the words out correctly. And what did I do as soon as we left the school? Picked up the phone to call my mom. Again. Do you think I'll ever quit?

No comments: